Friday, January 7, 2011

Inspiration Friday Party No. 18!

Welcome friends!
So glad you stopped by and I hope you will consider linking up to this week's installment of
Inspiration Friday!

When I sat down to write my last post, the words "What took me so long?" left my brain and traveled down to my hands that were feverishly typing away and then right onto the computer screen. As soon as they did, I thought, "That would be a great name for a Linky party or a regular series!" Then, my idea was confirmed when the lovely Kristin from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia left me this comment,
"You seriously need to start a link party every week that you host called what took me so long! I'm telling you, if you don't jump on this someone will!"


Well, that got the squeaky wheels of my brain turning and slowly but surely some ideas began to form in my mind. I'm not exactly certain what shape this will all take but I just want to loudly declare that I stake my claim on the title,
"What Took Me So Long?"
Is there some kind of Blogger's copyright (kidding here)?
Are there too many linky parties out there?
What other form could this series take?
These are all questions that are rattling around in my noggin and I would love any input you all might be able to offer!


Ok, now that we got that out of the way, let's get back to the matter at hand and take a look at some of the great Inspirations from last week's party.

First off is Tyla from Tireswings and Fireflies!
This DIY Thomas the Tank Engine Table was lovingly created by she and her hubby as a Christmas gift for their son.


I may just have a slight bias for this project due to the countless hours I have spent playing trains with my own son. Now that he is a big 7 year old, the train table doesn't see as much action but when I mentioned donating it, his eyes welled up with tears so I guess we aren't ready to part with it yet. Mommy's eyes tear up too when she thinks about it!


Tyla describes how she painstakingly created the look of the stone around the base of the table.

"Using black Sharpie Opaque paint pens found at Michaels I drew on some stone on both ends and continued it around the legs of the table."

Now that is what I call a Labor of Love!


Next up is Cas from An Oasis in the Desert. Her dream for an "Old World" style Garden Building came true when her talented husband built this gorgeous structure on their patio.

 Take another look...



Isn't that outdoor space just so beautiful and inviting?


Last but not least, I just couldn't resist highlighting this picture taken by Cindy from The Heart of Your Home.




This so beautifully captures the promise of brighter, warmer days even when there is still a chill in the air and snow on the ground.
 Thank you Cindy for braving the cold to give us a little glimpse of Spring and a reminder of the Hope that comes along with it!
And thank you to all of you who so faithfully join the
Inspiration Friday party each week.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this time!
Be sure to visit each other so that everyone will feel the love!
You know the drill...


1. Add your Permalink to your entry but not your General Blog Address. To get your Permalink, click on the title of the blog post you are wanting to submit and copy and paste the address into the URL box. You will also have to add your email address but it will not be visible to anyone else.

2. Do not try and Link up until you have actually published that particular post on your blog.
3. Please link back to the host blog, Southern In My Heart, so that those who visit your blog will be able to find some wonderful Inspiration from everyone else.



Blessings to you from this
Southern Girl at Heart,
Vanessa




29 comments:

Green Door Girl said...

Maybe the "what took me so long" could be a monthly feature or link party like others do a regular weekly thing and then a monthly special - because we all know that something that we say "what took me so long" likely won't be happening on a weekly basis - LOL :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Vanessa, Great idea for a linky party. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Sherry

Debbiedoos said...

Thanks for hosting Vanessa. I love all the inspiration!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That's a great name for a link party, Vanessa! I like the idea of a monthy special. It would give people a goal to work towards - getting their projects done by a certain time each month.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Thanks for hosting, Vanessa. Had trouble getting your blog to come up for some reason. Finally did.

Vicki said...

Hi, Vanessa. I'm linked up this week. Had to take a few weeks off to focus on the season and the family. Happy New Year! Love the idea of a monthly party for "What took me so long"

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Vanessa~ I love the idea of the 'what took me so long' linky party! Maybe you could host it once a month or something if you aren't sure about every week? Anyway, all linked up! Thanks for hosting~ hugs, Courtney

Tire Swing Mom said...

Thanks for the mention, Vanessa, and for hosting the parties. I love looking through them all and getting so many great ideas!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

So sweet of you, Vanessa, to feature our garden shed on your blog. The Man was so pleased. I like your idea of the new blog "What Took Me So Long?" and think the possibilities are endless. Personally, I love all the linky parties because you get to meet so many nice ladies. Hmm, are there any "men" bloggers? Just wondering. If you put up that linky party you're thinking about, we will come.
CAS

Honey at 2805 said...

"What Took Me So Long?" would be a great monthly party. I love the linky parties and appreciate your hosting this one!

Unknown said...

Vanessa-
I really like the idea of "what took me so long"!! It could be pretty inspirational in it's own right!
xo
lynn

Debbie said...

Love the idea of the "what took you so long" because I am planning to have a LOT of them in the coming year.

You see, inspiration I'm not so good at, but procrastination? In that, I'm a master.

If it's on Thursday, though, my head will explode. Just sayin'...

My favorite of your shout outs is that wonderful garden shed. I would love something like that. Of course, if I had a SON or GRANDSON that little table would be so up my alley.

Becca Bertotti said...

Soooo ... what *took you so long* to come up with that name? LOL. I think it's perfect. And, the name alone may inspire people, like myself, to actually conquer a project (big or small) that has been on their "to do" list for a long time. I love your features ... that train table is so cute! Thanks for hosting ... I'm off to party. :) Becca

NanaDiana said...

Great idea!!! Can't wait to see all the entries! Hugs- Diana

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Thanks for hosting the linky party. She did an amazing job on that Thomas table! Happy Weekend!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Hey SweetPea! Ive been SOOOO consumed with getting my Studio done I am WAAAY behind in visiting all my GUUUURLZ! So, looking back thru your posts...
The Shower looks AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL tub too! You ROCKED that one! HOWEVER...That rooster artwork...Its just GOTTA GO!!! Cant leave it hanging THERE...I just somehow dont think you have the PERFECT spot for it...INTERESTINGLY enough...I have the PERFECT spot for it at MY HOUSE! Go to your NEAREST UPS spot and SHIP IT TO ME!
Aaawww! OK! It looks FAB just where you hung it! {Picture Kara on the Floor throwing ANUTHA Tantrum and POKING out that bottom lip!} :0(
Everything looks Magazine worthy!

Love you sweet friend!

xoxokara

OH! I think that title for a Linky would be PERFECT! It sure would help me out cuz Im with you and have a GaZillion Projects I could apply to that! LOVE IT! It will help ME get stuff DUNZO!

michelle said...

What a fabulous idea!! I love it and I bet you would get a lot of link ups too. We all feel that way and it will inspire us to get more things done too!:) You can do it girl!! :)

Love the features and one day when I finish something I will be able to link up again!!

Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Hi Vanessa,

That Old World styled garden building is amazing. I love the rock and the doors...so charming.

The last photo is beautiful too!

Nancy

Heather said...

Hello, Vanessa, and thanks for becoming a follower! I signed up to be your newest follower and I am really looking forward to reading your future posts. In the meantime, I am joining your link party and am planning to visit the other participants as well. Thanks for hosting, and have a wonderful weekend!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Vanessa,
Thank you for featuring The Heart of Your Home, YOU are a sweetie!
I appreciate your kindness...Cindy

Chrissy said...

Hi Vanessa, I love the idea of your new Linky party, but in my case "what took me so long" would be a monthly thing for me :0 I just loved that out storage shed that you profiled. Definitely could get used to having one of those.

~Kristin~ said...

Sadly Vanessa, I have nothing to bring to this party. Unless you count finally getting "it" organized in my head, heart, and home for the new year! What took me so long indeed?!
Have a lovely weekend.
Sweet Blessings from the country.

DIYbyDesign said...

I have many what took me so long moments. I have many ideas floating in my head at all times...I get to a lot in a timely manner, but then there are some that just take longer than I'd like. Thanks for hosting and thanks for your kind comments. If you're ever in NY we will definitely have that cup of coffee.

The Splendiferous Life said...

I love your blog...your house is so pretty...I just got done with my kitchen yesterday and will be posting updates to my blog. I found your blog via a saturday blog hop and so glad I did.

sherry

http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com

Alison Agnew said...

First, let me just first say that I love a longish comment....lets me know that the sweet commenter really did read the post at hand! You are so sweet to add me to your blog roll...and since one good turn deserves another...right back atcha babe.

Second, no, I haven't yet been able to unstick the china cupboard door. Start to worry a little bit!

Third, waiting for the Wonder Woman photos. Seriously.

Blessings,

Alison

Cyndi said...

Thanks for hosting your linky party. Some awesome projects!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Vanessa. I think I'm last here. but last always equals coolest, right?

Right?!!!

Sarahx

Christie said...

Vanessa, thank you for your sweet words of encouragement! I just believe we will have our cup of coffee one day! :) It's such a nice thought! I love the new banner at top! Girl, I wish you would give me a tutorial on how to make my blog look nicer! I can't do any of this and I am scared to mess with it! Also, love the 'what took me so long' idea! It is catchy and I agree with Kristen! I love Inspiration Friday, too so I hope you won't give it up to do a new link party! I haven't had much new stuff to post, so haven't joined all the fun link parties...my youngest has been fighting high fevers (104!) so we have been tucked in for three weeks now! Weather is calling for snow and here in the south (you will recall!) everything shuts down! I think I might go crazy if I have to stay in another day!! Oh, I already forgot, I am trying not to grumble so much!! Blessings to you and Happy New year my sweet friend Vanessa!!

Christie said...

I had to come back and tell you that I finished catching up on your blog! I am going to get that book about keeping 'little' in your little girl! I am going to Amazon right after this to get it! Also, you are NOT the last to not have a Wii! We don't either and hope to hold off as long as possible! I know it would be great and loads of fun, but the truth is I am afraid that I will just let the kids get attached to it instead of reading, playing games, going outside, etc...I love the chess game and think we might need to find one, too! Oh, I just wish our sons could be buddies, because I just know they would be!!! I also love the transformation of your bathroom and hardware...oh, you encourage me to figure all that out! Mine are so horrible and I just try to look the other way! Send any great books this way...I love to hear what is good! Thanks! christie