Friday, October 29, 2010

Inspiration Friday Party No. 10!

Welcome to Party Central!
I am hosting not One...but TWO parties this weekend.
Whew!
First up is our weekly Inspiration Friday Party
where YOU get to be the star, linking up your fabulous Inspiring Posts and sharing with all of us your adventures in Home Decorating, Cooking, Crafting, and Family!
Got something Inspirational to share?
Come on and join in the fun!
Here are some High-Lights from last weekend. If you haven't noticed yet, I am shining the spotlight mostly on folks who are newer to blogging, even though I am pretty much a newbie myself compared with you all!
First up is SJ from Homemaker on a Dime. She was another one of my "had me at hello" moments when I read her profile and she said that some of her favorite words were "Clearance", "50% off", and "Buy 1, Get 1 Free"! Preach it Sister!
Last week she had me doing a double take when she transformed this...


Into this...


WHAAA??? HUH???
Is that even the same piece of furniture?
If you don't believe me, hop over to Homemaker on a Dime
and see this entire amazing transformation.
And welcome her to Blogland while you're at it!

Next up is Lucy from Craftberry Bush. She showed us how to take One table, make a few tweaks, and give us 3 different looks!
Here is a peek at these gorgeous tablescapes.
A Pink Fall

Blue Hydrangea



Classic Fall


Which one do you like best? I know, me too, I couldn't make up my mind either!
To see more of these beautiful place settings, go over to visit Lucy

at Craftberry Bush!

Now what have you all been up to this week? I cannot wait to see what you decide to link up and just want you all to know, again, how very much I appreciate each and every one of you! It blows me away every week that even 1 person links up and last week there were 43 of you! Thank you!
From this Southern Girl at Heart,
Vanessa

And, I hope you will consider coming back to join us this Saturday for Our First Annual Soup Exchange at


P.S. I know it says this in the linky instructions below, but please be sure to make some reference to the Inspiration Friday Party in your post or just grab my button over in the sidebar. Thanks!

Here is how to link up...


1. Add your Permalink to your entry but not your General Blog Address. To get your Permalink, click on the title of the blog post you are wanting to submit and copy and paste the address into the URL box. You will also have to add your address but it will not be visible to anyone else.
2. Do not try and Link up until you have actually published that particular post on your blog.
3. Please link back to the host blog, Southern In My Heart, so that those who visit your blog will be able to find some wonderful Inspiration from everyone else!








25 comments:

Ashley said...

How adorable is that table! And that table setting is so stunning! Both are great projects.

DIYbyDesign said...

Great projects. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I really appreciate it. I'm looking to do something unique on the wall for storage. Any chance you could tell me how to grab your button and put in on my blog? I've copied it but when I go to blogger it won't accept it anywhere.

michelle said...

Great features!! The table settings are beautiful!!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

what a fun linky. I'll link up my weekend project.

Hope your having a great day!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

So many talented people here in blogland! Love that bird plate...

Anonymous said...

I love all of the featured blogs! Very, very talented.

Thanks again for hosting each week. You are the best.

Christie said...

I love that Lucy at Craftberry Bush, too! She has been a sweet friend! We will have to invite her to the 'blog convention,' too!! (see your e-mail!) Hey, there is an idea! One day, we will create our own blog convention at some wonderful resort or beach...go 'junkin' around the town and hang out! I'm such a dreamer!! Christie

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing these projects, Vanessa!

Thanks for hosting Inspiration Friday.

Melissa Miller said...

Thank you for hosting sweet friend!

I adore the bird plate the best. So pretty! :)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Thanks for the feature today! The beauty of your link party is it makes friendship possible, no matter how far apart we all are. Really appreciate it, Vanessa!

Sue said...

It's always fun to see what everyone does as craft or decorating projects. I gotta make my soup tomorrow for the par-tay. I have been craving it forever and a day! Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Yummers...

~Kristin~ said...

I love seeing all of the fun projects, yummy food and cool ideas!
Thanks for hosting and I'll see ya tomorrow with some down home chicken and noodle soup!
I think I'm a little "Southern in my heart" too!
Kristin

Unknown said...

Thanks for the party! Love the transformations!

Debbie said...

I love both inspirations! I can't even tell that's the same little cabinet in the first one. Awesome.

And the raw talent of the second one is so obvious, isn't it?

NanaDiana said...

Boy-that table makeover is something else! And...I love the tablescapes. Hugs- Diana

Anita Diaz said...

Wow, those settings are amazing and so is the night stand! Glad to know I'm a follower, lol! I would hate for someone to think I am unfollowing!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hey there Vanessa~ I didn't get to comment earlier- so I am back to say thanks so much for hosting! I linked up my chair redo this week! :)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Wow! Love that table. I have been considering redoing a side table myself and this may have just the inspiration I needed.

Vicki said...

Hi, Vanessa! Thanks for hosting. Love your featured blogs this week. I never miss this party. So much inspiration here. Thank you!

Traci said...

Thanks for hosting this party - I love to look at all the entries....such inspiration!!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Hey there Vanessa, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I have already toured your blog and you have a beautiful home. Oh, and you do sound "Southern at Heart". I want to eventually join the parties, but still have a lot to figure out. For right now, I am doing good just to get my post up there. :) But, I am gonna get there soon! Stop by and visit any time. Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm

Karen said...

Just dropping by to see if I can some inspiration ;) I'll be seeing you tomorrow.

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Vanessa, I am looking forward to the soup exchange, I'm waiting online to see when You'll post the party link haha, but I've worked a super long day, feet a achin' and just need some me time. As for the china, I loveeeeeee the birds! I'm partial to little garden birds, have been since I was a child. And I have a bird as a pet (aussie finch). So, for me, the pretty plate setting with the beautiful bird is my personal favorite. see you later for soup and perhaps crackers? tami

Treat and Trick said...

Hi Vanessa, thanks for hosting, glad your dad loves this dish, looking forward to the soup exchange party....

Lynn said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead! You've showcased some beautiful things, thanks for hosting!