Thursday, October 14, 2010

SAVE THE DATE!

And get ready to get your Soup on!

The second installment of


Is coming on Saturday October 30th!

My sister and I, and our families, never get to celebrate this time of year together. So, we decided to host a Harvest Party together here in Blogland and we want YOU to come along!

This time, we are asking you to break out those wonderful
Autumn soup, stew, stoup (as Miss Rachael Ray calls them!) and chili recipes and LINK UP up with us for a
Soup Exchange!



Just make up a batch, take some photos, and publish it in a post along with your recipe and then we can have fun exchanging these with one another!

These fabulous photos are of soups my sister has made over at  her amazing blog Gourmet Meals For Less !

We can't wait to see what you come up with so mark your calendars for Oct. 30th and join in the fun!

And be sure to come back tomorrow for...


From this Southern Girl at Heart,
Vanessa


14 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like fun. I like soup that other people cook but I don't really make soup that much. Might have to try and link up though.

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

What a great idea! Like Melanie above, I am not a big soup person but I do make a pretty basic stew in my crockpot that goes over well. If I don't link up ... I'll be sure to visit the others for some inspiration. Have a wonderful day!

michelle said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I love love soup, stews (stewps) and chili in the fall! I will start cooking! :)

Unknown said...

I'm in!!! I'm trying to make soups weekly now but will try to come up with something extra special for that weekend!!

Anonymous said...

And I was just thinking about soup because I have half a loaf of sourdough that I thought would be perfect with soup, and here we are with a warm fall day :) I'd love to see some new recipes.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Forgot to ask if you saw my giveaway? :)

NanaDiana said...

Vanessa-IF I have time, this is one blog feature I will jump in on. I have a wonderful soup that everyone eats over and over and over again. I'll mark my calendar. Are you supposed to show step-by-step how to make the soup...or just show the finished product with the recipe? Hugs- Diana

Vicki said...

Hey there! This sounds fun. I can't wait to post one of our favorite recipes. See ya tomorrow for Inspiration Friday!

Unknown said...

Sounds good, Vanessa!!! I have a new soup I wanted to try out anyway. Now I will have a great excuse to take pictures as I go!!

Thanks for the encouragement on the blogs-I am happy you are going to post the wet suit one and I will put the bird by bird one on inspiration friday!!! you made my day!!!
xoxox
lynn

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Now that is my kind of party!

KLM said...

Oh perfect timing. I just created my ultimate masterpiece.... [soup related] and it was a success. Can't wait to share! :)

Christie said...

LOVE THIS! I will start digging through those recipe books!! Christie

Heather@Gourmet Meals for Less said...

Diana, you can feature it however you want. Step by step, or just the finished product It can be a "new post" or one you've posted in the past. As long as it's soup and you include the recipe to share with others. One big virtual soup exchange!

Take Care,

Heather

Jenny said...

This is soooo cool. I love this idea.