Thursday, August 26, 2010

Inspiration Friday!

Welcome to Inspiration Friday!
Today marks the first time that you will be able to "link up" and submit your own Inspirations from this week. I'm so excited to be hosting my first party and I hope you enjoy it and find great Inspiration from your fellow Bloggers!
What should you submit, you ask?
Well, whatever inspired you this week!
Did you try a new Recipe this week and Blog about it? Did you post a favorite Scripture or Quote? What about a Decorating Epiphany that you would love to use to inspire others?

All are welcomed here at
Inspiration Friday!
I've seen some great things out there this week...beautiful Baby Showers, Scripture that moved me to tears, personal stories of Tragedy and Triumph,
and any number of fabulous Decorating ideas!
But, here is what (or should I say WHO) inspired me this week...
Meet Sheri
Oh, and her cutie-pie fiance Vance!
Sheri is a fellow "newbie" to the Blogging Community and she not only shares about her home projects (both realized and in dream-stages), but she is also very honest and self-deprecating (my kind of humor!) about her life, her past and her future. 
Sheri recently moved into a new home in Florida and it was this makeover that really caught my attention.
This is her front door Before...

Not horrible, but in her words not really saying,
"Welcome, come in! We're so glad you're here!"
She and her handy hubby-to-be got to work and transformed the door into this beauty...


I LOVE that pop of color, don't you! They also installed new hardware to really give it an updated look.
Here is another view...

So beautiful and eye-catching! Please take some time and go over to say 'Hi' to Sheri and her blog at
http://thesimasek-kiblerproject.blogspot.com/

It was through this post, linking up to one of those parties out there, that I met Sheri and her Front Door.
I was particularly Inspired that she got this project done so quickly after moving in.
You see, my front door has been U.G.L.Y. (It ain't got no alibi!) since we moved in 2 YEARS AGO!
Sheri is Inspiring me this week to GET TO IT! Once and for all, while the weather is still fairly nice, this door needs to finally receive its Makeover! There isn't a wreath large enough to conceal its sad state! Oh, you don't believe me? Well, take a look at these photos that I submit to you as evidence...



See what I mean? And, now that I've put it out there, I'm going to have to actually do something about this! Yikes!

So, now it's your turn! What did you post on your Blog this week that you hope will Inspire others?
Here are the instructions for those of you who are new to this "Linky" Party thing...
1. Add your Permalink to your entry but not your General Blog Address. To get your Permalink, click on the title of the blog post you are wanting to submit and copy and paste the address into the URL box. You will also have to add your address but it will not be visible to anyone else.
2. Do not try and Link up until you have actually published that particular post on your blog.
3. Please link back to the host blog, Southern In My Heart, so that those who visit your blog will be able to find some wonderful Inspiration from everyone else!
4. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about my Inspiration Friday party!

Now, let's PAR-TAY!

16 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Can't wait to see your door makeover! What inspired me this week is another persons post about a miracle makeover. I just posted about it, so I am going to link up with you as soon as I finish this comment!
Hugs,
Penny

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi Vanessa,
I love this meme idea. I am so inspired by bloggers.
I too love Southern Living, but like you I can only dream. I was born and have lived in California all my life. I just travel to the south now.
Good Luck
xoxo
Betty

René said...

Hi Vanessa. I linked up even though it was a post from last week. This is fun, thanks the link.

-Rene

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I joined your new party and think it is a great idea!! I have a bookmark folder full of inspiring bloggers and projects!

Anita Diaz said...

Hi Vanessa!! Thanks for the invitation! What a GREAT idea! Can't wait to see the others!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow! What a gorgeous door! Can't wait to see the makeover! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Debbie said...

Yep. That front door is inspirational to me, too.

I love this party idea and want to see the all of the inspirations AND I want to see your front door when it's all made over. I have my front door on the NEEDS ATTENTION list, too.

Thanks for the invite on my driving post to join this party. I'm not quite sure if it will fit! I would hate to stick out like an uninspirational sore thumb...

Going to read your other links now...

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful door, I can't wait to see what you do. A pretty entry is so important, it just sets the stage for inside.
Thanks also for the invitation to link up. I just did and I will include it in my post. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Vanessa,
Thanks for your comment and your invite to link up to you party! I linked up my blog- hope it works!!
How great to do a party! I would love to try one sometime too- how do you go about it? :)

Debbie said...

Rather than the driving story, I linked a scripture post from this week that inpired me the most.

I have really enjoyed reading all of the Friday Inspirations!

Unknown said...

thank you for hosting the party! i heard about it from debbie at words on wheels....
I can't wait to meet some new friends!
xo
lynn

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Thanks for the pillow ideas, Vanessa!! I am going out to ebay now. I definitely think red too. I will see what I can find!

Melissa Miller said...

What a fabulous idea for a linky party Vanessa! I too have been inspired over and over with decorating ideas through blogging. Love it all! I'll think of one and add my link.

The red door looks truly amazing! That is my favorite color to say come on in.

Have a blessed day.
~Melissa :)

Michelle said...

What a fun idea for a blog party! Hopefully, next time I can have some inspiration to share.

BTW, I just love red doors and think this inspiration really warms up the space.

Also, I love the name of your blog (that is what peaked my interest!).

sheri said...

Oh.. Vanessa....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...you are the bomb!!! So many people stopped by today - and it's so encouraging and keeps me moving in the right direction! I can't thank you enough for the kind words and the shout out - have the most amazing, restful weekend!

Karen said...

Vanessa,
You found me today and I found you! We both share a heart for the South and the love of blue! I cannot wait to look around your blog. I could not resist linking up with you, girl! Thanks for stopping by my place.
www.placesofmyheart.blogspot.com